The St. Edward's University Archives founded in 1958 by Brother Philip Odette, C.S.C. documents the history of a small, private Catholic school in Texas and its struggles and successes toward becoming the institution it is today.
The Special Collections includes materials dating to the 14th century, with emphasis on Catholicism, Texas, English Literature, and Jazz.
JOHN LENNON Men’s Extra Large bluee Long Sleeve Button Front Dress Shirt NWT
Archives and Special Collections is located in the Munday Library, Room 113. Reading Room hours by appointment only. For more information use the contact button below.
Make an Appointment
Donate Your Materials
Help us preserve campus history for future generations! The Archives actively collects materials that document all aspects of campus history from St. Edward's University.
Donate Your Materials
Help us preserve campus history for future generations! The Archives actively collects materials that document all aspects of campus history from St. Edward's University: departments, faculty, research groups, student and staff organizations, alumni and other entities with a relationship to our campus.
We collect analog and born digital formats including photographs, audio and film/video formats, oral histories, maps, illustrations and art, and artifacts and ephemeral materials.
Items we're currently seeking:
- Freshman beanies, especially when accompanied by information about the person who owned the item.
- University, departmental, or student publications dating prior to 1970.
- Vintage Yale School Of Music Made In USA White T-Shirt Graphic Logo Size - XL
- College/University yearbooks prior to 1930. All of the yearbooks are now online.
- Copies of the St. Edward's College Echo from 1887-1920 in good condition (suitable for digitizing).
- Any documentation of the academy, prep school, military academy, and high schools.
- Any documentation related to the campus farm.
- Harley Davidson Men's Casual Silk Style Shirt XL Motorcycle Rider Graphic 1903
- Photographs of people and places on campus, especially when the subjects are identified. Of particular interest are pre-1970 photographs of building interiors (such as classrooms and auditoriums) and early 20th-Century panoramic photographs of the campus community.
- GP101 "Hello.Moon." Men's American Apparel 3 4 Sleeve Baseball Shirt
- Photographs and artifacts related to the Athletic Program, especially early Athletic Programs like football.
- Invitations to and programs for University events - including lectures, performances, convocations, commencements, picnics, unveilings, and sporting events.
- Official University Christmas / holiday cards.
- Charles Tyrwhitt Non Iron Extra Slim Fit French Cuff bluee Dress Shirt 17x35
- Select historical artifacts such as school pennants and class rings.
- Artifacts and photographs related to the military academy.
- Diaries of students, staff, and faculty prior to 1950
- Postcards of the campus and buildings.
The university archivist would like to talk with individuals who may be willing to donate records, memorabilia, photographs, or other items that relate to the history of St. Edward's College (1885-1925), St. Edward's Academy, St. Edward's High School, St. Edward's Military Academy, St. Edward's Preparatory School, and Mary Hill College.